Reffing Pro Wrestling - I'm getting too old for this shit




 As I write this I'm now in my 20th year of being a professional wrestling referee. I'm 45 and got into it by accident thanks to my friend Daniel Beaumont. I've been flown around this county on tours with hotels and flights paid for and I've also slept in my car after driving interstate when plans have fallen through. It's been an experience either way. 

Only in pro wrestling could the flowing conversation be seen as normal

Wrestler: So during our match I'm going to swing a stop sign my opponent is going to duck and I'll smack you across the back with it while your distracted with the manager on the outside. Don't worry about it, it's more noise than anything else. You'll barely feel it. 

Me: ok 

This actually happened and the wrestler in question was right. I barely felt it and it made a hell of a noise. For those that think I might be making this up I present you Exhibit A


I could easily tell at least 100 stories of conversations like this that anywhere else in society it would seem crazy. In a pro wrestling locker room it's as normal as it gets. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Drink coffee and destroy

Preparing for war.